Saturday 19 April 2014

Hels' Sunday Stamper week 303 - Eternal Flame!

Well, cutting it fine again this week, but I've managed it just in time... although the glue is still wet!
Before you read on, please go to Hels' blog to read about this week's challenge.

I started with a coat of DecoArt americana Decou-page matte before giving the bottle holder a base coat of  ecogreen crafts acrylic in butternut.  Once this had dried, I decided that it was not 'flamey' enough and instead used a combination of 3 shades of docrafts acrylic paints with a craft sponge (guava, deep orange and raspberry).


Before.


Once the paint had dried, I stamped the paisleys using Ranger Archival ink in Sienna.  then I added paper flowers and some metal embellies.  As I said above, the glue is still wet which is why the shots are from the side!



Once the glue is dry, there a few more embellies for the other sides and then this will become a tool storage organiser pot in my new craft room!

Thanks for stopping by, EmmiLu.

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea! It will look great in your craft room.......would also look good with wine in! Love the colours, I may have to copy this at some point! Well done. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shading and the paisley motif works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab creation, love the bright colours and the flowers... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks ladies for your lovely comments, I really appreciate the feedback.

    ReplyDelete