Sunday 23 March 2014

Welcome!

Why blog? - I felt the compulsion to create a blog primarily because I'd like to participate in some of the blog challenges that I see in my internet searchings: for example Hels Sheridan's Sunday Stamper challenge.  Although it is possible to participate via facebook and email, it is much more straightforward to do so on a blog platform.

What will you be writing about?I like to create; mainly to please myself; to learn new skills; to give as gifts and, infrequently, to make a bit of extra income.  My aim; over the coming weeks and months is to not only participate in the challenges but also to share other things that I've created; in the hope that it might inspire anyone who finds this and hangs around long enough to read about what I've made.  I tend to make whatever takes my fancy at that time; a cake; a birthday card; a dress!  At the moment I'm working on a couple of items which will be given as gifts so I will post them once the recipients have received them!

What's with the name? - You may already have noticed that I like words!  I was searching the dictionary and liked the fact that inspire means not only 'to fill (someone) with the urge or ability to do or feel something, especially to do something creative' but also 'to breathe in'.  I sometimes, no, make that often, find that I don't have just one idea at a time and that I'm thinking about several things at once; so the inhalation and inspiration are as one..... well, it made sense to me when I was setting this up anyway!


Thank you for reading this far, please feel free to leave me a comment:

No comments:

Post a Comment